View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3779641)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I agree, some of the family stuff was a little odd, and the brother is clearly being kept at arms length for some reason.
i think it's because claire is more like frank, with some of her mothers more human traits and the brother is predominantly his mother with some of his father. if it's the other way round there's no drama, but when the girl is more capable in a business setting it can create some friction with the brother. his reaction to the "does claire come down here?" question was very petulent, whereas claire's response was more considered and she was sad about the situation.

people are different, he's probably brilliant at *insert something here*, but as a son, in a male dominated occasionally macho environment, to have your younger sister asked to take a responsibility ahead of you in the family business, the thing by which siblings are judged, is very problematic. what he chooses to ignore is that he was probably given an opportunity to prove himself earlier in his life and didn't do a good enough job, and he either wouldn't see the big picture, or hasn't had the guidance to help him.

i think running the heritage side is a wonderful responsibility away from the stresses and strains of running the team, but he didn't seem to feel that way.

i'm sure there's more to it but as the daughter of the family in a similar situation i can absolutely see that claire's version of events will be at the core of it.