Thread: ARP Formula 3
View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3917002)   #9
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony broster View Post
Sorry to be late picking this up but I don't get here too often.

ARP F3 was started by Marcus Pye & myself, with support from Castle Combe supremo & my friend the late Howard Strawford

I managed/ ran/ organized the series from day 1 ( with an advisory board ) right up until its last race at Combe a good many years later when politics & something worse spoiled an amazing series.

Brscc who by this time I had little or no faith in took over the running after that & changed the name to Club F3 trumpeting a very big sponsor with an even bigger prize fund who I'm later told never seemed to appear , number of drivers stating they never saw any prize money either.
IF & I do mean IF that was correct then it would beg the question as to where exactly did that promised prize fund go.

I don't know the entire BS story as I was not there doing the work by this time, but to little or no surprise the championship went down the toilet like pork through a goose entry wise in it's first few months, had races cancelled & lost it's championship status by years end becoming as one wag later christened it, the new Brscc "Club Foot F3 series", something of a demote from the original successful proper championship of just 1 season before.

If you ever want the rest of the whole sad tale of an eventual drivers politics & envy, with later the gross miss management. you could try my e-mail, I might possibly be in the mood to shed an awful lot more light.

Hi Tony Hope you are well, we had some fun in thoes F3 cars shame is went south. The old Ralt's were great cars and very rewarding to drive!

Benn Simms