View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2019, 00:46 (Ref:3917078)   #5
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I do agree that at least the cars should be convertible from one spec to another. However, we know why we have things like the mid-engine 911 RSR and such. It was due to ACO rules changes allowing for stuff like big volume front and rear diffusers similar to what GT3 cars were starting to run. This was mostly so the ACO can claim to have the fastest production based GT cars in the world currently.

What I don't understand is why didn't the ACO, if they were so concerned about speed gaps to GT3 cars, give GTE/GTLM cars stuff like front fender louvers and some more freedom regarding air extractors with the front and rear fenders. And also, since GT3 cars can be BOP'd up to 550bhp, why not give GTEs a similar power bump? I'd even go as far as letting GTEs run carbon brakes, since in the long run the cost difference between carbon and metal rotors probably isn't much different.