View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2021, 19:46 (Ref:4088217)   #595
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Nope, wasn’t trying to make a point, just countering your point that the max move into turn 1 was season defining…,I think there was a far more defining move into that turn in the same race, especially with how much it’s got people talking about Max’s driving going into the final race.

I’m a Hamilton fan, don’t mind admitting it. However more than that I’m a fan of the sport. Drivers will come and go, so I care more for the sport than any single driver. I may not like Max and Red Bull but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate his talent and Red Bulls work ethic. We currently have 2 teams and drivers operating at between 99% and 101% where you either lose or overstep the boundary.

While at times it’s being frustrating to watch, overall it’s been an absolute pleasure.
I think we can finally agree on something. It has been a fantastic Championship but as a mostly neutral (I wamt Max to win but he's not near my favourite driver) it will still be tainted in some eyes, even if it isn't ours. Formula 1 has likely been brought some new fans but is in a damaged and dangerous place too.