View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2019, 07:38 (Ref:3940113)   #935
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS View Post
So i'm curious, at what point does out of specifications as defined by the rules not become an issue? how much leeway should be given?

IMHO if its out of spec - circumstances or not - that sucks that you may lose a win but if its out of spec, its not in accordance with the rules and you cannot afford to be soft on that. Especially with an organisation such as Penske that has been shown to take a mile when given even close to an inch.If this is a risk that you want to be wary of then build the tolerance into the engine - or you run the risk of a penalty.

Heres an example from 2017 of a very similar looking Penske ford in Nascar - https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...scandal-050417

"Here are the two ways of looking at it: Penske is cheating up its cars. Period. How else do you explain both Penske crew chiefs getting suspended for violations in the first eight races of the year? They cheated, they got caught. And if your team gets caught multiple times, in my opinion, the penalties should get progressively more severe."

I believe it was also Penske teams that were purposely nosing their cars into the walls post win to avoid some sort of post race inspection.

So, if what you want is a series where teams are constantly looking to flout the rules and not care if they get caught because they can just pay the fine and move on, im not sure if we want the same things.

Yes, team always will push the rulebook, but this is more than taking the ****.
It becomes a real issue when the engine exceeds the power threshold on the dyno. It didn’t.