View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3348674)   #41
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtype38 View Post
I hear you, but my chosen company for the work is Surface Processing Limited in Dudley. I've heard good things about them and although expensive, seem to be the acid dipper of choice of the professional restorers.

By expensive, I'm looking at around £800 +vat for the initial dip/strip. Then I'll repair the holes, and replace panels as necessary and fix the bent front corner and return it for a clean up and their electrophoretic plating process to fully protect it. The latter comes in at something like £1200 +vat
One thing you may want to consider and this is from someone else's experience, is to either get it electroplated immediately after the first dip (means you need two electroplatings) or make sure you collect it in an enclosed trailer as near as possible after it's dipped as it'll start rusting the moment It's been cleaned off plus you may find they leave it outside until you collect it.
Just saying.