Thread: Viva la France
View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2017, 18:34 (Ref:3749150)   #35
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Moringgents are you kidding me !!! just to give an idea the track record is held by a 250 cc karting. Well, Magny too…

Rouen les Essarts was non permanent type, B roads connected. When they built the autoroute, they modified the upper part of the circuit in the forest, near the enormous telly mast. I think that Rouen and Clermont was impossible to settle to what was the new safety rules. And I can attest that being non permanent sometimes means that the guard rails are not really toughly held… When hitted, they act as a trampoline or even worse a guillotine. The budgets to maintain so large areas can't be found in France for motorsport. Would it be football !!
In '84 at Charade, I settled the best lap time during a race in 4'06"23, av speed was 117,767 kph max speed 206 kph. Really slow I know but the cars were talbot Samba Rallye with only 100 hp. So all in all…