Old 12 Jun 2017, 15:03 (Ref:3740530)   #68
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Martin, I had almost the same thing at Spa last year. I was safely waiting for the checkered flag at the entry of the pits with some fuel feeding issues. I went through the line in front of almost all the staff after the winner was flagged. Then sent to the podium ceremony which lasted for a while. It was too late to ask for any explanation then was disqualified. Moral of the story? I couldn't see any!
From what you say which I believe, Meaden was not allowed to take over any car after the flag…
Nice Alfa you take care of!
Gerard, hi there, hope we meet some day, your comments re-the car are well appreciated. The real problem was that the transponder of our car crossed the line milliseconds before that of the Capri, but with the speed difference, the Capri then went ahead of us & finished his race & completed his slow down lap & as there is to be no overtaking of any car after the race has finished, our driver had no choice but to follow, not knowing he was actually still on his final lap !!

As I said, our driver should have been given a waived blue at the same time the chequered was shown, but how anyone - drivers, flag officials etc. could know the timed positions of each car is obviously not possible ; it's just one of those rare situations & it would have never arisen in pre- transponder period racing.
Maybe that's the solution - go back to stopwatches, as in period !!!

Bet that would please the officials no end !!

Iain, thanks for your good wishes & great to see you ! Maybe we'll have a bit more time at Monza in a few weeks.