Thread: MotoGP 2023
View Single Post
Old 2 May 2023, 02:14 (Ref:4154099)   #35
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Binder is a great speedway rider, never knowingly has the wheels in line! KTM have come a long way and it's really good to see Danny P back in the saddle.
Totally agree re Binder and he must be the latest of the late breakers.... that last lap chase had my heart in my mouth throughout, almost wishing him to settle for 2nd rather than end up on his backside with nothing but gravel rash following a great and brave ride. Re the KTMs for sure they have come a long way in a short time. Their starting system whatever it might be is superb. They seem to often arrive at T1 in a 1-2 repeatedly.

As an aside I thought Fabio ws hard done by in getting the long lap penalty for 'causing' the incident. From what I saw he had nowhere to go and was squeezed into a reducing space through no fault of his own. That he then got a second penalty for crossing the line on exit was a little silly of him, but I can imagine his frustration for even being put in that position. A creditable performance to come back from that and still finish 10th on a bike which is at best a bit of a dog despite the promises from Yamaha.

Gerard I am not sure Fabio fits the VR 46 philosophy of Italian Team Italian Bike and Italian riders. Agree Fabio needs a better ride than Yamaha seems able to offer him. Hopefully Fabio has a performance related escape / exit clause in his Yam contract..... Put him on a KTM!