View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2006, 16:01 (Ref:1698614)   #23
tim dodwell
Racer

tim dodwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Raced against Salvador bit of a nut case, came past me wholely on the grass at Coombe and nearly took me out big time. Maybe Tim Dodwell the Road Saloons daddy will pop in and throw some light on the subject.
Salvador (Valiente) moved to Spain a few years ago, plays with bikes nowadays (non-competitively).
Shame about the Super Road Saloons - in the early 90's they voted to be allowed trailers, and then the formula slowly faded until it got swallowed up with the mod-prods, becoming the Toyo's - which will join with Classic Thunder in 2007, I believe.
The Budget Road Saloons morphed thru Slick 50 to Lumenition, and then voted for trailers also. Surprise! They too then faded, and got amalgamated into the LMA Euro Saloons. Simon Jackson was the last to drive to his races, but has now started trailering.
Still think the idea of a road going series is a good one (but I'm biased), but an attempt to recreate it (the Highway Saloons) flopped for various reasons. The biggest being that you can get on the tracks now without all the hassles of racing (expensive transponders, entry fees, changing safety equipment etc) - via track days. Not so much fun methinks though.