View Single Post
Old 4 May 2021, 11:17 (Ref:4049583)   #62
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

It is, however, the (in)consistency which matters. As mentioned above, Donington, Oulton Park and Brands Hatch (definitely) plus Snetterton (possibly?) have sensors with cameras pointing at them at the major track limits zones. In Donington's case - exit of Redgate, exit of the Old Hairpin, exit of Mcleans and I think at the exit of the final corner, Robert's. There is no disputing the photos - they're available to the clerk within a few seconds of being taken.

If that can be applied at a historic meeting or in a novice's race at a club meeting, plus in the BTCC, I can't see it being too hard to adopt internationally.

Saying that... HM's words have been very carefully chosen. He's making it look like the FIA have deliberately taken positions/points/wins and therefore money away from his team by the application of a rule with which he (at this time) disagrees. If it was Mercedes being penalised, I expect he'd be rather quieter about it...
The salient point is: NO Exceptions.

I think that Helmut has a fair point when the Merc driver goes off the track 29 times in the race, and Max goes off once and has to keep the place back.
No lasting advantage, really?