Thread: Gen 2 Supercar
View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2015, 04:18 (Ref:3490549)   #102
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Winterbottom's View on Gen2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article, Frosty
"We already have seen engine variances with the recent additions to V8 Supercars cause some problems and squabbles, which means with the arrival of completely new engine platforms, parity is what will make or break the sport going forward... and we don't want to see a repeat of Group A, where certain cars like the Nissan Skyline GT-R were allowed to crush the opposition."
Except Group A wasnt strictly soeaking a movable parity formula, and attempts to make it one hobbled the blokes with the best mousetrap (GMS Nissan) nobbled more and more and more as the years went on. They won anyway.. The 'crush' wasnt 'allowed', it was one team building a car to suit the rules of the day. A road car you could buy from Nissan dealers. How many Ford Sierra road cars could you buy brand new, Australian complied from your local Ford dealer in the day?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods