View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4026455)   #44
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry about the snow, Mike - must have been my fault - here East Lancs we had a beautiful sunny (if -5C cold) morning.......until I went down to our local Tesco where as I queued outside - for the first time since early lockdown days - it started snowing. By the time I got out with the essentials of life (bacon, eggs, mushrooms, muffins and milk, and of course cheese) it was settling quickly.

Fortunately I'd gone on my trusty Freelander (the only one that had defrosted in the sunshine ) so I was able to battle home through the 2" drifts

Milady of course being some 15 years older than me waxes lyrical about the winter of 47 - from which time she has a photo of her brother leaning with his elbow on the top of a telegraph pole as he stood on top of a drift.

Actually the most snow I've seen in recent years was when we were on Tenerife in December a few years ago and the snowfall in the Teide caldera was so deep the roads were closed - the locals thought it fantastic - loading up pickup trucks with snow to drive at pace back down the mountain to build snowmen back at home.....I even saw one with a snowman built on the bonnet as he drove (rather more slowly) back down the hill!