View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2020, 08:03 (Ref:4010939)   #2810
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've had someone trying to sell me a new boiler recently, clearly calling from a call centre in India, ringing a number that I've only ever used for registering internet domains. They appear as a selection of UK mobile numbers which were originally issued by Ofcom to Vodafone.

First call: ignored
Second call: answered, they put the phone down
Third call: answered, listened, asked where they got my number from, they put the phone down
Fourth call: answered, listened, asked again where they got my number from, listened to some random tale of "we're calling everyone with boilers more than 7 years old" and I put the phone down

Fifth call: they got both barrels

There's not been a sixth!