Thread: CSCC DONINGTON
View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2020, 22:20 (Ref:4012061)   #63
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Late to the party, sorry!

This was my return to racing though I hadn't realised I'd left, apparently five years since I was last out.

Qually was very much a test session as I'd changed some bits during the 'off' period so I was sort of expecting a few issues but the car ran fine - it seemed quick but it transpires that was just me lacking seat time as the times were crap so I ended up starting from the back of the grid. I'd like to wholeheartedly blame the 6 year old Dunlops versus the Yokos of most of the rest of the grid but I'm sure most of the problem was me.

Race went well, to be honest I'd have been happy with just a finish but managed to get up to 22nd o/a from 38th. Lost out during the safety car period as I was right behind the leader so all the guys I was chasing down got waved by and were probably half a lap ahead by the time the SC went in.

Spurred on by the day I tried to enter the forthcoming Castle Combe and Mallory meetings but both were very oversubscribed so my season ended as abruptly as it started.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang