Old 25 Feb 2018, 22:05 (Ref:3803896)   #36
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
boggissimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Stretton View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but the VSCC seem to allow a lot of cars that are obviously supercharged/turbocharged to declare without them, this significantly alters the handicap. Your car is turbocharged thus would not of finished “first modern” last year as it would have a bigger handicap. If the organisers have made a mistake not calculating this in, it was pointed out to them last year when results were provisional, they chose to ignore. This on publication of the entry it was easy to see at least half a dozen entries that were obviously missing the S which signifies forced induction again it was pointed out to them and they decided it was to difficult to police, while they are very keen to check suitcases and length which has less influence on the handicap, cheers Sam.
Not sure what you're saying here. I clearly indicated on my entry form that my car is turbocharged, whether or not they indicate that in the entry list (they only seem to use the S for supercharged cars, there are plenty of turbocharged cars in there and yet they don't seem to have a letter T in their typewriter).

What I'm saying is that in the 2017 preliminary results, Alex Ames was the top 'modern'. But when they checked, in the final results I was the top modern, 15th overall. I was merely annoyed that they reprinted last year's report written when only the preliminary results were available in this year's programme – they didn't bother to check against the final results.