View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3257807)   #15
ottostreet
Rookie

ottostreet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridottostreet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
To be honest after being paid for many years for writing, putting in hours to put together a piece for no reward leaves me cold.

I did for a long time recently on a bike site and got little thanks and no perks whatsoever, despite putting in hours of work.

If you get some of the ad revenue, or some sort of web hosting service for free fair enough, but all you are really doing is helping out some ewizard to get clicks on his/her site without them doing much.
I wish that was the case! Unfortunately yeah, we're only a small time operation, but with big plans. I do the majority of the writing, which does take a lot of time and effort, for little reward, but it's not a short term project. I have a few volunteer writers submitting articles and helping out, and hopefully we'll be able to reward them for their work further down the line, but, for now, everything is completely voluntary. Myself and Dayzer have only just sorted out the costs of launching the site by now!