Thread: LM24 "I never knew that"
View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2014, 01:34 (Ref:3350464)   #1
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"I never knew that"

In June we'll be celebrating the great race's 91st birthday. Which sounds like a long time.

But that's nothing compared to the aggregate years of all of us on this forum - that, would surely go into centuries!

Over the years, we've gained so much knowledge and information at Le Mans. And almost all of it is useless - and a lot of it isn't shared.

Here's your chance to share the knowledge you don't think anyone else knows. Teach us something we don't know already. Don't bottle it up!

I'll start. On the circuit's basic modern layout - assuming the Mulsanne Chicanes to be last truly significant change - the slowest qualifying time for a car allowed to start the Le Mans 24 Hours was the Debora - starting 29th (!) in 1992 with a laptime of 4:49.010.

To put that into context for you, in the 2013 Le Mans Legends race, Ludovic Caron set a time of 4:43.918s in an AC Cobra Daytona Coupe...from 1963.

Here's a picture of the little beauty