View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2016, 19:12 (Ref:3675111)   #102
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys for your stances on possible tracks for the season finale. I've mentioned this on another IndyCar fan place on the web, and people over there suggested Chicagoland for the season finale if it has to be in September, if it were properly promoted. I understand that it's as close to Indy as Sparta, Kentucky, and that it has got a huge city in its immediate vicinity which is something that sponsors prefer for the season finale. Still, we all know how that went down when Chicagoland hosted the season finale last time around. What do you think about this suggestion, guys?

Thanks for suggesting a season opener in Fontana, but if I recall correctly, last time this was brought up, track management did not want a spring race due to their NASCAR Cup race being in the spring.

My guess is that the only places a January race could work are Homestead and maybe Mexico City, if there was any Mexican participation in the sport.

I still miss Milwaukee because it's something else to see those drivers move through traffic, but that's another thing for another thread.