Thread: 2017 DTM
View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2017, 11:04 (Ref:3753728)   #63
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Halloa Helgi. Welcome back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
I haven't written here for ages, but today, as there're DTM races near me, it's a chance to describe my thoughts.
10 years ago I was still amazed by DTM and actually found this forum because of interesting conversations going on here. But today it's obvious that DTM bosses have gone very far in a wrong direction. Those rumours about a spec 2l engine - it's just "insane". TCR you say? It's going to be 2l "Supertourisme" - as they already have scaled bodyworks. I don't say that I'm full with autosport and totally lost any interest with all that standardisation going on, with BoP, with championships ruled by merchandise and advertising departments rather then pure petrolheads. And one of the most straight examples is DTM. Tons of pathos and a thin layer of sport under it mixed with overdose of command tactics.
As for Moscow round - I haven't gone there, even if it going to be the last Russian round (visitors' numbers are too small and organisers do not have any profit, but large spends for the rights to host the event). The schedule is nothing but strange - they have only DTM and, ironically, 2l Mitjets only. As for the destinations - it's OK, I'm ready to spend 5 hours in two trains to get me from my place to Volokolamsk-Raceway. But I do not ready to waste a day of my life for a rather naive advertising masked as a racing event. In fact, if they had a race in Sochi (1400 km from me), I'd rather go there. But as a travelling adventure. Not for racing at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtube View Post
The uploader has not made this video available in your country. Sorry about that.
Meh, now I don't wanna watch it anyhow.