View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1201096)   #69
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
No need to go to that bother, Monster - I'm not disputing that they might run more wing with a narrow car. I just don't think that (wing level) has a completely linear relationship with "racing". More wing gives you a bigger hole in the air - which could mean more or less overtaking, depending on the situation.
Again I would question that.

OK take two tracks, Monza and Mangy-Cours. Now Monza requires extreme low downforce wheras France requires medium/higher downforce.
If two cars are following one another they will find it much harder to follow at Mangy Cours, as the wing level is much higher.

Estoril corner at Mangy Cours and the Parabolica at Monza are similar - ish corners, both are high speed, but the drivers always comment how difficult it is to follow through that very corner. Its the same with the final turn at Barcelona, too much wing is being run. Cars find it much easier to follow through the Parabolica than Estoril corner as the hole in the air is smaller.

Last edited by Sodemo; 14 Jan 2005 at 19:38.