View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2018, 00:28 (Ref:3848249)   #128
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I'd want to see how Austin goes before seriously considering Mexico City anyway. I'm concerned that with the downforce reduction, some of those corner sequences may not work that well. There are also just a lot of single-line corners around the lap at Austin. You really can't pass in a single-class situation from Turn 3 to T9. The same goes for the "stadium", unless you start putting all four over the white lines; policing track limits is going to be fun.
COTA is talking about using a different configuration for IndyCar. COTA chairman Bobby Epstein told Racer:

Quote:
“We’ve got a slight modification that we think would be really fun to run with the IndyCars. It’s something we’re looking at, for sure. I don’t think the side-by-side comparisons are good for anybody, it’s really about the excitement of the race.”
And:

Quote:
“There’s a lot of flexibility in that area of things you can do,” he said. “It involves asphalt that’s not there today. We’ve got two designs in place that we’re looking at, and we’re looking at the cost of it. On the other hand, if we don’t do the modification, we’re looking at some creative things we can do in terms of some infield camping opportunities.”