View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1663178)   #14
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand
You may not be aware that someone whose sons race single seaters posts on ten-tenths as 'kartingdad'. Unless you can postively identify the person in question maybe you should make it clear that 'kartingdad' is not the subject of your attack.
"karting dad" is a syndrome
kartingdad is a person on 10ths

How could you all possibly confuse the two? I'm ashamed that all of you would jump to the conclusion that I'm knowingly telling stories about another member of this board.

And Mr Brand, it was not an attack, merely an anecdote, a relating of circumstances, hopefully with a humourous tint and maybe it can even be seen as a homily ( websters.com entry no.1) for those that sit on the pit lane.

I have no idea who the gentleman concerned was, nor who his son was, nor did I even identify which sort of single seater race it was. Finally, I think the father's idea of dangerous was allowing the race to continue whilst it was raining.
If he in some way or another gets to read this, it's not an attack, but next time go the other way up the pit lane to race control.
ok, now go off and have a laugh again about the overprotective dad that suddenly realised racing was dangerous...