View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2019, 17:49 (Ref:3938331)   #19
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Check this out, you don't see them whinging about bumps!

Is it possible for the drivers to point out there are bumps and that this is a challenge without them being branded and softies and not like the hard driver's of the past? Or should they keep their mouths shut so we don't even know?

I'm not saying no one is whinging, but most of what I've seen has been measured.
I think some of it is the new common whinging about tracks not being perfectly smooth so when actual bumps become a problem it just sounds the same. It sounds like this round is actually a problem for some drivers but others have found a way around it or dealt with the bumps. I think some of it is also the modern car, the engineers know exactly what the car "needs" and when the track isn't perfect the problems are much worse than in the past.

But I think that same thing applies to car design and why there isn't the insane variety of the past. They've had say 30 years of "modern" F1 to keep refining the car and we've hit that peak. And the rules don't help. I don't think even the new rules will shake things up that much. I've been wrong before and will be again and often but it doesn't seem like teams are that worried about the changes yet.