View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2014, 05:25 (Ref:3396501)   #12
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like this weekends events will be rain affected at some point, including the big Sunday races. The problem is a stalled cold front over much of the North Island.

Puke can be a hard place to drain water effectively if it does happen, and with the concrete jungle, it can be quite costly too with potential car damage.

Normally when you Aussies come over the weather is just fantastic (and then it hoses down as soon as you head back over the ditch!), but I do have some concerns for this weekend.

Could this be a repeat of that heavily rain affected meeting in Hamilton when SVG won his first race?

It my not happen either, but when you look at GFS models, they are normally there or thereabouts.

I am looking forward to seeing the new Volvo (and hearing it - it sounds crazy on TV) and seeing V8SCars full stop. I am also keen to see how the SuperTourers go at the same track and if the much-talked about 'roughly a second off at Puke' will still apply?

Hope heaps of you good people from Aussie are heading over to NZ for our biggest annual sporting event