View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4045127)   #175
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
mind you for me, the current approx 250miles that most EVs currently offer is more then enough for my needs but knowing there will soon be something that easily offers twice that range means that has become my new measuring point.
For me - the biggest consideration (and hence potential to opt for an EV) is the speed with which the range can be replenished.

So for instance - a range of 200km is no issue, if I can replenish at least 75% of that in less than 5 minutes. I can then consider a cross-continent drive comfortably.
Whereas a range of 400km is less appealing, if it takes 1-2 hrs to replenish with 100km+ of range.

I appreciate it is not every day that I am driving over 100km, but I want the ability to do so if my circumstance requires.