Thread: MotoGP 2021
View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2021, 05:57 (Ref:4046175)   #103
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I've never seen MM race anything half heartedly.....,
It is going to be strange to see MM back on a bike.... he has admitted to being nervous and having butterflies. He made a statement that seems to indicate at times doubts as to whether his arm would ever be normal again and the future of his career. He says FP1 will not be the normal him, mentally or physically, which I can fully understand. All the more reason for me to watch FP1. (A pleasant 7pm for me!)
Marcs statement:

Quote:
“It is true that I am nervous, I have some butterflies in the stomach that are not normal in me but I know that after FP1 these will be gone and now it is time to enjoy being on the bike again.

"I will not be the same Marc from FP1, I need time, I am still in my rehabilitation and there are two different things: a physical side but also a mental side.

“We are in the process, but I am really happy to be here and I am looking forward to riding the bike.”

Marquez says it was “difficult” not to race in Qatar as he personally felt “ready”, while noting it was hard to watch last year’s races from the sidelines.

“It was really strange especially in the beginning then in the mid-period of these nine months it was normal already, I was there just as a fan watching on TV and enjoying,” he added.

“Of course it was really difficult to take the decision not to race in Qatar one and Qatar two [races] because I feel ready but not 100%, and then the doctors decided to stop me.

“Of course, I just followed that advice but it was hard, nine months, very hard and with the doubts.

“Not only doubt on would I ride again but also the doubts if I will have a normal arm.

“So, this was hard and always I was optimistic which was the key point and especially the people around me helped me a lot to keep the motivation there and have the target to ride a bike again.”