View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2006, 13:42 (Ref:1751941)   #55
ART Racing
Rookie

Australia
Toowoomba, QLD
ART Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MA61

No, it is actually going back to its Oran Park or Adelaide 1987 colour scheme at the moment - Car looked pretty ordinary at Bathurst, had lost most of its sponsorship by then and Peter had sold the car yard. It looks best at Adelaide but I can not find the photos to substantiate it, just have some far off ones that don't show the detail. Oran Park is the same sans a couple of sponsor stickers on the front wings. There are a couple of photos on www.autopics.com.au that show what the Oran Park scheme looks like.

I am pretty happy with the strictness of the rules, otherwise you may as well allow replicas to race, that is all the cars end up being once you stray too far from their original spec. They aren't concerned so much about whether the spec matches the race, as long as it matches the same year, race to race would be a bit hard. I have about 8 photos of the engine bay of the Supra over the 1984-87 period, and every one is slightly different as various mods were trialed, or for different length races.

John