Thread: DTM 2021
View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2020, 19:02 (Ref:4012028)   #1
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DTM 2021

Look, I know it's not easy, but we just have to accept that for the next few years DTM is a GT series, even if it wasn't really a touring car series anyway, now its definitely GT.

So, 2021, GT Pro (GT3 Plus, which is GT3 with stickers on), rolling starts, same old sprint format, presumably still single driver, pit for tires, manufacturer support likely through engineering and driver placement.

In a lot of ways this feels like an all pro version of the old PWC format.

Apparently Audi are very firmly there with 4 or so R8's. BMW are committed but only for the new M4 later in the season, unless customers want to take the very old M6. Mercedes are expected to be there too. Aston Martin & Mclaren are also supposedly in conversation.

I guess you if the customers present themselves then Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, Bentley, and to a lesser extent, Honda & Lexus might also be viable. Although I guess that depends if there is an IMSA-esque manufacturer fee.

Itd be cool if all manufacturers could enter 4 cars, needing only 5 manufacturers to pass the 20 car count, but that might be dreaming in covid.

Anyway, interesting to keep track. Its also worth considering that this might knock ADAC GT Masters a little off its axis, although that is more PRo-Am, and it might impact GTWC & GT Open a little too.

Interesting dynamics