Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Spinnaker Dallara Pics & Info

Quote:
Originally posted by mariantic
BTW, am I unique (I know I'm unusual ) in following closely both Le Mans and Americas Cup? The entry of Clan Des Team in the latter is causing much interest - they are the ONLY team to have paid the 1 million euro entrance fee so far.
Not quite, I'm a fairly avid sailor myself (Farr40, Swan45, J109 to name a few), and spent a great deal of time during the last Cup studying any and every technical article about the boats I could find (including many hours on the AC site, and my head stuck in Seahourse and Yachting World magazines). I also watched almost all of the final Cup races on virtual spectator, I will always remeber being captivated when Alinghi rolled over the top of TNZ on the final leg of one race. I was furiously comparing "the Numbers" trying to see if they could pull it off... which they did

Also helps when my brother works in the boat prep business, and comes into contact with a number of current and Ex Cup sailors (he knows a number of the GBR crew, who had some very interesting stories about the other [unraced] team GBR boat from the last cup....)

Interesting to note about them being the only Euro team so far, but I wouldn't worry too much, as GBR I think are lining up to place theirs soon too (from a fairly reliable source, who I happend to be sailing with a couple of weeks back). Also I would have though K-Challenge, Luna-Rossa and the South African guys would have these in soon too

Oh and the car looks good too

Last edited by Try Hard; 10 May 2004 at 15:47.