Thread: WEC Ginetta LMP1
View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2018, 19:46 (Ref:3812013)   #332
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Grove, Catalonia and Australia.
You left out Aragon, considering that time period includes two LMP1 tests. Because what someone with no interest in anything outside F1 would do is cram two sports car tests into a packed schedule.

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...ision-1014239/
Quote:
“Honestly I didn’t have time to think about it,” said the Pole. “I’m quite busy here and it’s quite a lot of work I’m doing.

“So I will have to review, the schedule is very busy so if I have to add some racing into it will mean from the middle of February until after Le Mans [in June] I will have less than 10 days at home.

“I have to make sure I can do things properly in here [with Williams] and in racing. I don’t want to do many things and it will become a bit messy.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
If con man Chief Tucker was able to drive 67 different race cars each weekend around the world in his Level 5 days, it's kind of funny to think of F1-level driver to handle it this way.
There's a bit of a difference between being an arrive and drive pay driver, and a proper professional, sorry. The big difference between Kubica and Alonso as well is that Alonso doesn't do McLaren's simulation or factory work, they've got four kids for that (while Williams only has Kubica and Rowland, who has a much more limited at track schedule and is racing the Ginetta). Even then it's not fair to expect Kubica at his current stage to do what Alonso is.
https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...-2018-schedule
Quote:
Asked if at the age of 36 it might be too much, Alonso laughed to Marca sports newspaper: "No, I'm not grey yet. Seriously, I'm physically well. Ok, ten years ago facing a challenge like this would have been very difficult or even impossible or a mistake."

"But now I am 100 per cent sure I can face it. With the way I know formula one, other categories like the Indy 500, even the way I need to travel, I'm ready now. That's why a programme like this has never been done," Alonso explained. "It's almost impossible. Only at certain moments of your sports career, such as where I am now, can it be done, and then not everyone can do it."