View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4079465)   #5760
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
I can't disagree with Alonso at all. He's spot on when he says:

''Motorsport is much more than Formula 1, even if inside this bubble some people feel this is the top-top-top — which is probably the top, but there are other super categories.”

After all he has raced in F1, IndyCar and WEC.

However, I don't think that is just the issue with awarding Super License points. I think the issue may also arise because IndyCar does not come under the auspices of the FIA.

ACCUS, the Automobile Competition Committee for the United States, is an umbrella organization of the various racing sanctioning bodies in the United States, which includes IndyCar, IMSA and NASCAR. ACCUS is the official liaison of those sanctioning bodies to the FIA. Maybe IndyCar needs closer affiliation with the FIA?