View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2003, 16:43 (Ref:623025)   #25
Chui
Rookie

Chui should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, garcon, no "truck license" is required to drive a non-commercial truck in the US.

If someone can't carry a family of two adults (including driver) and three children in a medium-sized sedan, it's time to ask if any or all of those family members need to go on a diet.

My family has always had small to medium sized cars and seemed to survive quite o.k. (we're not super small either - my brother is 6'4"). We've carried 3-4 passengers in 1.3-2.0L cars and even towed a small boat on the boat trailer behind. Yes, contrary topopular belief it is possible to tow a boat without a large SUV!!!!

I'm currently driving a 2.2L company car and my three kids sit in the back o.k. The only reason I might get a larger car is to tow a racecar on a trailer.

How far do you drive, alfasud? Surely you do not drive as far as the average US citizen in the summer time. It was nothing for my family to take vacations from Baton Rouge, LA to Orlando, Florida (19 + hours at that time)or to Denver, CO or Charleston, SC or Washington, DC. There were five kids. Sure, one can drive across town or even a few hours, but I challenge you to drive all day in a cramped sedan. Yes, it can be done, but nearly as well as in a larger vehicle.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." ~ John Steinbeck