Thread: Extreme E 2021
View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2021, 20:32 (Ref:4044749)   #17
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Thanks for the links, I knew of the boat but didnt know all the work that had been done on it or the money spent, sound like its straight out of a Bond movie!
What about from the port to the track? It was in the desert at least 3 or 4 hours from the nearest port I believe, some ingenious way of getting there?

Anyway maybe I shouldnt judge the whole thing after 1 round where the format had to be changed (dust in the desert, who would have thought?) With more actual racing it may improve but in a world where things have become very quick fire, stretching the thing out over 2 days may not be particually to the younger generation too popular.
Remember that if they're going carbon neutral (or carbon positive), then even if they use the most polluting means possible from port to track, they must make it up in other ways. So I think it's ok.

Similar to you, I;m trying not to judge it on 1 round. But I loved qualifying and then really disliked the race lol.