Thread: Lites / LMP3
View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2017, 00:14 (Ref:3721021)   #1307
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlow View Post
Currently CN, P3, DP, and now G57s race in the FARA series. This year, maybe this next race, they go to a live video stream broadcast. Last year Sebring was added to the Homestead based series. This year Daytona. Next year Road Atlanta. The idea will be developing in NorthAmerica a Creventic/Hankook like series..
Well, until they get all that, and start promoting it, it is just nice dreams and friends of the teams.

i'd love to see more prototype racing in the U.S. but club series which no one hears about 'til later are the trees falling in the forest .... useful only if pulled out and burned.

Have the organizers of the series thought of renting I don't know ... HSR's email list? Doing Anything to get the word out?

Also, nowadays, if it ain't streaming it ain't happening ... I might see the season opener, but what, am I going to read race reports for the rest of the year and stay excited?

As opposed to, can I actually watch the races not in my geographical area?

I will travel a ways to see a top-tier series, but I am not taking time off work, paying for gas and hotels and food, and tickets, to watch two amateurs in P3s break down frequently amidst a field of under-performing B- and C-sports racers left over from the 2007 Runoffs.

On the other hand, if I have been watching the series online all year, I might be interested enough to take a road trip out-and-back to a race nearby ...

Look at Miata racing (MX-5.) The competition is always tight, the drivers always go for it ... but the spectacle could not be more underwhelming.

Unless I have a pretty strong interest in some of the drivers--say, having watched them all season and followed their successes and failures---then it is hard to care a whole lot about slow cars going slowly.

I hope the new series can take it up a notch---and of course, even if it can't, it is fine for its own purposes---but if it can get up to the next level where people can follow it and develop an attraction to it ... Like I said, I would love to see more prototype racing in the U.S.

And as to CN vs P3---who cares? If the cars look and sound good and move quickly, who cares which letters and numbers are attached?

Shoot, there is nothing wrong with LMPC cars either, so long as they aren't A.) in a spec series or B.) in a real series.

They are good-looking cars, loud and quick .... and add a lot to historic races.

So ... CN, P3, PC, whatever ... let 'em race, and let me see them race. Then we have something to talk about.