Thread: WEC Race 6 Hours of Mexico
View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2017, 18:22 (Ref:3764178)   #51
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I like the dynamics created by Turns 1 and 12, and the Esses, at Road Atlanta with traffic, but I just don't care for what Tilke did with Mexico City. Too many of the corners are single-file, and the Esses especially, which were really something special, are now just a series of one or two corners in separate little complexes, not one great, flowing sequence of about eight corners. The accentuated accordion effect from all the slower corners is awful for racing in single-class scenarios.
I was thinking that earlier. Single class racing here is pretty awful. But I think it works for multi-class, as prototypes really have to plan the passes properly. But it doesn't hold a candle to the original, that's for sure.