View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2019, 08:18 (Ref:3886446)   #66
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
One thing that surprised me (please forgive my ignorance):

When the DiBenedetto-led breakaway six caught up to and tried to lap a big group, they were actively impeded from doing so. Then there was a caution and all the advantage that six had gained was wiped out and they were back in mid-pack rather than a lap up. That seems harsh, to say the least!
There are no blue flags in NASCAR - the cars about to be lapped can fight as hard as they feel like to stay on the lead lap.

Towards the end of the race there's usually a "gentlemen's agreement" in place to not impede any close fights for the lead, though.

--

As for last night's race at Atlanta, I thought it was pretty decent. The restarts in particular were awesome and some nice racing throughout the event. A bummer for Larson, messing up in the pits after leading all those laps, but congrats to Keselowski overcoming the flu to pick up the first win for the Mustang.