View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2022, 13:16 (Ref:4093733)   #101
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
It does seem that, according to him, at least one MP has been dealing with the lady mentioned and even employing her son as his "diary manager" for about a decade, all of that time reporting back to "the authorities", including MI5 (if I read the article correctly.)

Interesting timing of what seems to be non-news for anyone in the loop.

Anyone outside the loop is probably wondering what the big deal might be in these days of "globalisation".

I really don't think that it is a "no-news" event, as it proved in Australia a short time ago, although it doesn't seem to have had the same result as over there.

There, a Chinese national had ingratiated himself within the political sphere in Canberra, supposedly, if I remember correctly, as a conduit between Aussies and the Chinese community living in Australia. But what he was actually doing was very subtly trying to get legislation made favourable to Chinese government interests by lavishing huge amounts of cash to all and sundry in political circles.

We must not forget that the Chinese under Xi have a very different agenda to the "West". I often wonder if he will only be happy when he has "conquered" the world. He is already very successful i that endeavour in Africa, and is making huge inroads in South America as well, with "ginormas" loans made to them that, realistically, they will never be able to repay.