View Single Post
Old 20 May 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3823623)   #394
Mountain Man
Racer

Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Great day at Silverstone today, I have to disagree with the naysayers on here. The venue provides some really nice opportunities to see the cars, and sure the landscape isn’t as exciting but I go every year to look at the cars not the scenery.

Anyone who doesn’t enjoy 50 GT3s bombing round Silverstone needs to think about whether the sport is right for them.

It’s not on my top list of circuits but I’m pleased to have a Uk round of Blancpain endurance and would rather it there than not at all.

In addition to the good on track action there was great access as always with SRO to paddock, pits, grid walk, etc
It's a lot more than the landscape, it's things like grandstand access, and photography opportunities. Compared to other circuits, the viewing experience isn't great.

I would suggest it is nothing to do with "Anyone who doesn’t enjoy 50 GT3s bombing round Silverstone needs to think about whether the sport is right for them." I love the sport as much as anyone else, but Silverstone has been clinging on based on its reputation for far too long, rather than the product it is proving. It isn't a Blancpain issue, WEC at Silverstone has the same problems.

Blancpain should be an easy sell to the UK. The fact the on track product is good, yet it isn't selling tickets suggests the problem is something else, I would suggest Silverstone is a big part of it.