View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2019, 11:57 (Ref:3918144)   #29
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
My understanding is that Suzuka is also nestled in an industrialised area but said industry is related to auto manufacturing. Like Silverstone, the track is adjacent to industries which compliment the sports that take place at the nearby track...the motorsports equivalent of farm to table if you will.

I find this a very special relationship, special place.

The similarity between Silverstone and Suzuka is that they are actually surrounded by mainly farmland. However, Silverstone is now becoming an industrial estate which happens to have a racing circuit inside it, whilst Suzuka is, in the main, a motor racing themed entertainment attraction.

It is true to say that not far from both there is car manufacturing (at the time of writing) with BMW's Mini production to the south west and Toyota to the north of Silverstone, whilst if memory serves me well, Toyota city is not far north of Suzuka.

The main difference between the two tracks is that Silverstone is flat (and always seems to be windy) whilst Suzuka has an undulating track. In addition, from a personal perspective, I would far rather spectate at Suzuka where, at least when I visited, you could get far nearer the action on the whole and where the viewing was far better for those that didn't want to pay a fortune for the privilege of sitting in a grandstand.