View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3866968)   #39
LPP68
Rookie

LPP68 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FWIW I just sent the following e-mail to the series organizer and several teams:

Quote:
Dear reader,

In a few weeks the opening event of the 5th Formula E season is planned to be held in the capital of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. From the moment this was announced I was wondering how much sense this event makes. Off course as a motorsports enthusiast I enjoy the best drivers battling in thrilling fights on exciting tracks in high tech machinery. Formula E offers that in spades, but is not unique in that regard. It stands out from any other series in the new cities and countries where Formula E races, the innovative nature, and the sustainability compared to others series which need to burn a lot of oil to keep their cars and bikes on track. The first race in Switzerland after their race ban in the fifties for instance was amazing.
I will grant you that the race in Ad Diriya offers more of the first, but other than that, choosing to race in a country where cinema’s and women drivers are seen as a novelty, and where the king would be riding a camel and living in a tent if it wasn’t for lots and lots of oil is very unfitting to a series that promotes itself as progressive and sustainable.
You will probably be aware of recent events in Istanbul and in Yemen which underlined for me that nobody with a sliver of moral integrity would do anything to glorify this nation and its leader. It is why many big names in government, technology and finance withdraw their attendance to the Future Investment Initiative a few weeks ago.
I urge you to do the same. Please do not visit Saudi Arabia and help mr. Salman get the reputation as a modern civilized man he so clearly is not deserving. According to your website the track is still waiting on FIA homologation, so that could be a convenient cop out.
For what it matters, I intent on not watching any Formula E footage until the new year, and I hope in 2019 I can see an extra replacement race of your wonderfull series.

Best regards,
Werner Rietveld
Without a doubt in vain, I hope we have to wait a bit more to see the new cars in action.