View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2814672)   #9
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
I will actually disagree a bit with you there! Some of the finest and most exiting racing I have ever had the privaledge to watch has been these commited enthusiasts! I have seen the multi-millionaires in their f1 cars and would sooner go to watch a 750 motor club meeting any day!

. . .
If I was going to precise, I should, of course, have said "some" since otherwise why would I go to lots of club racing. But my essential point is that lots of the enjoyment of club racing is a bit "technical" and not a wowee spectacle.

But the fact remains that there is quite a lot of club racing which is dull by any objective measurement and ought to be branded as a trackday with timing. Fine, that is grassroots sport and I'm happy to support at least a measure of it.

But is not ever going to attract spectators and we need to accept that it is run for (and funded by) competitors.

Regards

Jim