View Single Post
Old 21 May 2017, 15:41 (Ref:3735007)   #38
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
You may recall that a couple of years ago I brought the raspberry flavored moonshine to the meeting. It seemed like it was well liked as it was done pretty quickly. So I figured it would be a good thing to bring again.

This time I chose a moonshine much more unique and local, it is made just ten minutes from my house. So on my way home from work on Friday I stopped in at the little shop. The gentleman who owns the shop and who does the distilling took great effort to explain everything I ever wanted to know about moonshine, how it is made, the different varieties. So at the end I told him my purpose, that I would be taking his moonshine to a car race in France for dozens and dozens of people from around the world to enjoy and share with the things that they have brought. He asked what race and I told him Le Mans, he was then very excited to hear that this was the plan.

Turns out that his father raced at Sebring and Daytona way back in the day. So he is quite familiar with Le Mans and jealous that he will not be there. Told him he needs to fix that some time and get over there.

It's always fun when you run into someone and take the leap of telling them about sports car racing and then they actually know what you are talking about.

In the end, it seemed that the fruity variety of moonshine was well liked, so I grabbed two bottles to bring, Peach and Pineapple. I sampled them at the shop and they tasted great!