View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2019, 06:08 (Ref:3918279)   #353
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A reminder since, somewhat inconveniently, I've just discovered my MGB papers had expired:

A newly issued HTP will remain valid for 10 years from the year of issue; for example, an
HTP issued during 2017 will be valid until 31st December 2027.

Previously issued HTPs will have a valid life of either five or 10 years, dependent on when it
was first issued, the following is a guide to the validity of previously issued HTPs:

HTPs issued prior to 2011 with an FIA Identity Number up to 34096 will expire on 31st
December 2016.

HTPs issued in 2012 with an FIA Identity Number of 34097-35020 will expire on 31st
December 2017.

HTPs issued in 2013 with an FIA Identity Number of the format XXXXX-13 on a 12-page
form will expire on 31st December 2018

HTPs issued in 2014 with an FIA Identity Number of the format XXXXX-14 on a 12-page
form will expire on 31st December 2019

HTPs issued from 2013 onwards on a 26-page form are valid for 10 years from the year of
issue.

I had thought that all HTPs were extended to 10 years. Then I discovered the above notes on the Motorsport UK website. As you can see they've tried to make it as complicated as possible so not only do you need to look at the number and the date, you also need to count the pages!

Anyway I've stumped up the 650 quid and now got a new number. The car will be inspected in September, provided it survives the Classic intact.