View Single Post
Old 26 May 2019, 05:47 (Ref:3905787)   #65
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have to say I that was one of the best days racing I've been to in long time, not just for the action from the afternoons racing but even during the mornings qualifying sessions the driving was stunning to watch, Stretton's last lap of the session pole lap was sumthing else, his celebrations in the car as he came back to the pits was almost like he won the race! Just to show how hard not only him but Lyons, Ferrer-AZA, Cantillon and Hartley were pushing they were covered by 0.600, not bad i think!!!

Away from the F1's, the F2's were stunning to watch, wheel to wheel driving which ever way you looked, and they are seriously noisy little things.

The sports cars were a tad annoying, 3 red flags in 40mins is a bit much,tho the session was extended to make up for it. Hearing the sound of a big banger T70 being chased by a screaming T212/T290 or Chevron B19 is always magic.

The Gentleman Drivers seams to be the home for the new generation as both Tom Ingram and Jake Hill of BTCC fame showed what the can do, tho the old guard can still show them a few tricks. Much like the Sportscars, there sumthing oddly satisfying watch the little Elan's getting mullered by the Cobra's in a straight line then just drive round them in the turns.

The Young timers are always fun to see over here, you will not find such a strange but beautiful mix of cars anywere.

Anyhow that went on for too long, here's my vid of the days action including Lyons crash:

https://youtu.be/AtA8Ii36jPw