View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2955028)   #71
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The ALMS is stuck between a rock and a hard place, they can appease their two P1 teams or lose WEC rounds.

Without commitments from more teams the ALMS has little bargaining power, I would think it's more likely Sebring becomes independant* and aligns with the WEC rather than see it's renewed significance diminished.

Daytona and GA have the resources to implement their own regs, I'm not sure Panoz has the financial means or desire to start from scratch.

*Involving a tricky divorce or takeover.

Appease their two teams, plus others that have quit over the years for the same reason. Or lose WEC ROUND... not rounds... there will likely just be one.

If the Owner of the series ends their relationship with the ACO, why on earth would the same owners then give one of their premier races, Sebring to the competition? You do realize that Panoz Inc. owns the lease to Sebring right?

Regulations do not need to start from scratch... use the ACO's, modified for your own purposes. I think the IMSA officials are qualified to do this.