View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2010, 22:13 (Ref:2658916)   #7
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupOfOne View Post
Aww you big meany!!

In that case it'd be 1991.
I'd go with that as well- anywhere from about mid-season onwards in '91. Swedish drivers Nettan Lindgren and Per-Gunnar Andersson did several rounds early-season, but once they'd stopped appearing (think Nettan's last appearance was the GP support at Silverstone?), then the grids were all-British for the rest of the year, apart from Armin Hahne doing one race in Lawrence Bristow's Labatt's BMW at the end of the year.

For an all-British season, I reckon you could be going much further back. 1987 nearly made it- Australian rally driver Rex Muldoon finished 6th in a Sierra Cosworth at the last round, and Gary Brabham shared Mike O'Brien's Holden in the 2-driver race at Oulton. You might have to go as far back as the 70's- I think there was at least one appearance by an overseas driver every year through the 80's (we've been going through the 80's results in the Motorsport History bit of 'Tenths in the last couple of months)