View Single Post
Old 29 May 2002, 11:22 (Ref:299361)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This sounds like scare tactics to me -- or a slow news day. I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere else and the people who usually send me information ahead of the curve have not heard anything about it.

Seems to me that if anything was going to come of this, it would have followed Michele Alboretto's tragic accident. No sports cars except the Grand Am Archangel car have flipped since then.

Finally, after the Subaru's barrel roll at Rally Argentina that barely missed landing on a group of spectators -- and it's only the latest of a large number of very dangerous crashes that could have killed masses of uncontrolled and seemingly uncontrollable spectators -- the FIA has better and more immediate things to think about than messing with sports cars.