View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2020, 15:20 (Ref:4022907)   #77
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
There is no reason not to run V10 or V12 engines in Formula One.
It would appear as a backward step and a retrograde in development.

Since 1987, the engines have got progressively smaller from 3.5L down to the 1.6L unit we have today. At the same time, the maximum number of cylinders has dropped from unrestricted, through 12, 10, 8 and now 6.

For the majority of F1 investors, I expect they may see a move to V10 or V12 as going in the wrong direction.