View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2013, 04:01 (Ref:3233723)   #10
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TMS: Terrible Motor Speedway

Looking at the empty seats tonight makes me once again think that SMI is in huge trouble. Except for Las Vegas, New Hampshire and the Bristol Night race attendance at their races has crashed with no signs of improving and due to their high . ISC was able to fill Phoenix for what was a near-sellout, almost fill Martinsville for one of the best crowds there in years, get the best crowd since 2004/2005 at Auto Club, and despite slightly lower Daytona 500 attendance was able to make that up in increased corporate sponsorship. ISC has the advantage of more races, more exciting tracks, and smaller capacities.

SMI meanwhile is stuck with these massive superspeedways that simply have outdone their time. The Backstretch tonight was at most 20% full, and what's even more telling is that the ''Speedway Club'' seats in Turn 1 were almost totally 100% bare. 180,000 people aren't going to show up to watch boring racing like tonight at tracks like Texas, Charlotte, and Atlanta like they once had.

Bring on Kansas I say, and after that my favourite track in NASCAR Richmond.